If you’re thinking about getting liposuction in Santa Monica, you probably have a lot of questions. The biggest mistake that people who are seeking liposuction make is not asking all of their questions in advance of the procedure. As a result, people often go in with unrealistic expectations or end up trusting a plastic surgeon who is unable to give them the custom, high-quality procedure that they were hoping for.
So before you schedule your procedure, here is a list of questions that you should consider asking your liposuction specialist. And keep in mind that this list is a starting point to get you thinking — be sure to add your own questions if you have specific concerns.
- Are you certified in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- How many years of experience do you have as a plastic surgeon?
- How many years of training did you receive in plastic surgery?
- Do you specialize in liposuction? If so, what type? VASER lipo? Tumescent lipo?
- Am I a good candidate for the procedure?
- Will I require anesthesia? What type?
- What are the risks involved with the procedure?
- Will I need to take time off from work?
- What will the recovery period be like?
- Will the fat that I lose return to the treated area?
- What will I need to do in order to obtain the best results?
- Will you perform the procedure in your office? If not, where?
- Is the place where the procedure will happen accredited by a state- or federally-recognized organization?
- May I look at before-and-after photos of your previous patients?
- May I speak with any of your previous patients?
It’s a good idea to print out this list of questions and bring it with you to your consultation. Many people are so excited and nervous during the consultation that they forget to ask their most pressing questions. Having this list in front of you will help you remember which questions are most important to you.
You should also keep in mind that if your plastic surgeon isn’t willing to take the time to go through each of your questions with you, he or she probably does not have your best interests at heart. Be sure to choose a plastic surgeon who puts your comfort and care first.
At my Venice Beach office, I purposefully keep my list of clients small so that I can provide each person with holistic, personal care. If you’re interested in learning more about my practice or receiving an initial liposuction consultation, please contact my office.